Клуб владельцев BMW M Power Клуб владельцев BMW M Power

Вернуться   Клуб владельцев BMW M Power > BMW M GmbH > Тюнинг

Тюнинг Модификация автомобилей BMW ///M.

Клуб BMW M Power
Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 21.11.2010, 03:08   #1
bmw3s
Организатор

bmw3s отключил(а) отображение уровня репутации
Отправить сообщение для bmw3s с помощью ICQ
По умолчанию Тесты впускного ресивера CSL

Тут ( http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=333737 ) ребята замерялись
Старый 21.11.2010, 13:32   #2
Стражник
На четвертой

Стражник has a spectacular aura about

не открывает,просит регистрации..
Стражник вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.11.2010, 14:00   #3
Maks
На второй

Maks
Отправить сообщение для Maks с помощью ICQ

все открывает. просто прокрути страницу ниже
Maks вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.11.2010, 14:01   #4
Maks
На второй

Maks
Отправить сообщение для Maks с помощью ICQ

So, I haven't yet gotten all the info together that I want to have for this thread, but I'm tired of getting PMs asking me about this thing. I'll add more info as I get it

Background:
VAC has two airboxes: a CSL replica, which is molded off of the CSL airbox on the exterior and interior (and is compatible with all stock CSL parts) and a dedicated race airbox, focusing on high RPM power.

I have 3 dynos attached at the moment:
CSL compared to "stock"
Race compared to "stock"
CSL compared to race.

Of note: "stock" in, in this case, is not actually stock: My car, at the time of dynoing "stock", had the Macht Schnell filter, Streamline elbow, and ESS tune... so gains vs truly stock should be higher.

Also of note: Yes, absolute numbers are not that high. This is on a dynapack-- it reads lower than dynojets, etc. Stock e46 M3s tend to put down 250-260rwhp on this particular dyno. I know some of you will be unable to comprehend this, so I'm going to throw my car on a dynojet in the coming weeks to have a higher number which means nothing.

Anyway, on to the dynos:

CSL compared to "stock":

Race compared to "stock":

CSL compared to race:

For my car, I chose the CSL replica box. Yes, the race box has significantly higher peak gains. Much higher, actually! But, for day to day driving, the CSL box makes more power than the race box below ~7000rpm, and makes more power than the stock box at EVERY RPM. Since my car is purely a daily driver at this point, I think my choice was pretty clear .

Moving upward and onward: The CSL box requires an Alpha N tune, which VAC can provide. The race box can be run with a full sized intake hole (requiring Alpha N) or with a cone filter on the end of it, which allows for a MAF adaptor (meaning you don't have to run Alpha N with it).

All that said, none of the above is what makes this airbox amazing. Even if there had been zero power gains from it I would have been happy, for one reason alone: SOUND. The thing just sounds freaking amazing. Exotic. There is nothing I've ever heard on the streets that sounds like my car does at this point. I've tried to capture the sound, but it's really quite impossible to do. Here's a video Vox Populi made for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jwxnsaX5T0

Another video. I made this one for the muffler review, but it has lots of airbox sound, so I figured I'd throw it up here, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD9SwJTg-5U

Sadly, this still doesn't manage to capture it fully. It's just... PURE. Hard to describe it better than that. Perhaps more telling is watching Clarkson's response in the actual CSL-- he specifically comments on how amazing it sounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3jVhsI26O4

It really does sound that good . And, obviously, no drone. In fact, the car's not any louder at all when you're not on the gas.

There's some weight savings to be had as well, but I don't think anyone's going to drop the cash for 10 lbs of weight loss . That said, it is at the front of the car, which is the hardest place to lose weight, and above the centerline.

Links to VAC's site for them:
CSL box: http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...-m3-p2437.aspx

Race box: http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...rbox-p743.aspx

So, is it worth it? Well, that really depends what you want from your car. There certainly are better hp/$ mods out there. For me, it ABSOLUTELY worth the price. The sound is just ungodly good. It's lighter, it makes more power, and it looks great. There's no many mods out there that only make the car better... this does.

State inspection: some people have voiced concerns that they would not be able to pass state inspection running Alpha N. I'm due soon, so I'll report back on this.

And, some pics, cause why not

Edit: update: car passed state inspection without any issues. I don't know why people thought this was going to pose an issue, but it didn't. I didn't bribe the officials or even mention the airbox-- just dropped the car off and picked it up a couple hours later.

Maks вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.11.2010, 14:05   #5
Стражник
На четвертой

Стражник has a spectacular aura about

аа,извиняюсь
Стражник вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 23.11.2010, 16:42   #6
Elmurat
На третей

Elmurat has a spectacular aura about
Отправить сообщение для Elmurat с помощью ICQ